The fear of the Coronavirus is as contagious as the virus itself and, as the number of cases continues to increase, the fear of its effects is taking its toll on all of us. This includes fear of the market, how this virus will influence the overall economy, and the impact it will have on individual investors. The U.S. and global markets have been experiencing deep drops and we understand how that makes you uncomfortable and unsure how to proceed.
Although we can't yet gauge the full economic impact COVID-19 may have, there is no denying that we are currently experiencing some volatility. In times like this, some investors believe the best move is to get out and, though we understand the anxiety you may be feeling, we like to remind you that your investment account was designed to handle drops like this and weathering the storm is often the best plan. It is important to always keep the lines of communication open regarding your portfolio and stay focused on your long term plan. Whatever you choose to do, however, your decision should not be driven by fear. That is why we want to provide you with as much information as possible. Below are links to several articles from our strategic partners about the virus, the market, and the current events. Read them as you wish and feel free to discuss the information provided and your portfolio with us at any time.
- The Coronavirus knocked our 2020 outlook off track. But maybe not for long.- Invesco
- Steady Hands in Turbulent Waters - Clark Capital Management Group
- Coronavirus Concerns Spark Market Selloff - Principal
- The Market Impact of Coronavirus Has Begun to Spread – Invesco
- Coronavirus Rattles Markets: What's Next for Global Growth? – Capital Group
- Coronavirus Testing Our Global Outlook – BlackRock
- Coronavirus Fears Wash Away New Market Highs – Clark Capital Management Group
- Coronavirus Update: Not Out of the Woods Yet. Stay Invested – City National Rochdale
- Market Concerns Regarding Coronavirus – Brinker Capital
- Coronavirus Fears Drive Markets Lower – DiMeo Schneider & Associates
- 4 Ways to Stay Calm when the Market Stumbles - The Capital Group- American Funds